The Hunter Wellie, or Hunter Boot, has transcended all fashion terrain. Whether you live in New England or Florida, there is a functional use to be found for every pair of Hunter Boots across the globe. Outside of just their functional weatherproof usage, they also have integrated well into a fashionable closet staple to keep on hand. This style can easily be reimagined with a variety of clothing items but for those who are new to this English Wellie, I’m sharing a couple of tips on how to wear Hunter Boots for the novice.
How to Wear Hunter Boots with Skirts
- Keep the hemline of your skirt/ dress just above the knee so that there is enough of a break between the top of the boot and the hem of your skirt.
- On colder days, wear a pair of tights underneath a mini skirt and pair with your favorite Hunter Boots.
- While structured and shorter skirts work great together, you can try more feminine styles (like a fit and flare and A-line skirts) to break up the structure of the outfit.
- Mix your fabrics up for different seasons with the same Hunter Boot: suede and corduroy pair well in colder months while cotton and jean skirts work great in the summer months.
How to Wear Hunter Boots with Pants
- Slim fit and skinny ankle jeans are the optimal base for this combination. Skinny Jeans tuck into a Hunter Boot without bunching up at the bottom.
- Elongate your legs by pairing dark denim with blue Hunter Boots, black denim with black Hunter Boots, or go for a more equestrian chic look by pairing the refined Hunter Boots with any color denim (white and green encouraged!)
- Pro-tip: Wear long socks and tuck the base of your pants into your socks before putting yourHunter Boots on. This will keep any exposed ankle from rubbing on the inside of the boot.
How to Wear Hunter Boots when it’s Raining
- If it’s raining sideways outside and warm enough, pair your Hunter Boots with shorts and pack a towel (and change of bottoms or shoes) with you so that when you get to your destination you can wipe your legs dry and then change easily.
- If it’s a light rain, pair your Hunter Boots with a skirt or jeans. If you plan on changing shoes later, try wearing these ankle length hunters boots which can be toted around easily.
The great thing about Hunter Boots is that they are versatile with whatever style you’re trying to incorporate them into. With the variety of colors and styles of Hunter Boots available, you can find a pair that will work for your lifestyle easily. Hunter Boots (especially the refined Boot version here) sub in nicely for your typical equestrian boot in inclement weather and also make great footwear for outdoor exploring.