I’m obsessed with peach and prosciutto together in a recipe. I’ve made a peach and prosciutto flatbread once before on this blog, but this time around I wanted to zhoosh it up with the addition of this oil-free pesto (have you made it at home yet? I’m obsessed), some blackberries and Tillamook’s Mozzarella Shredded cheese.
My ultimate goal in life is to create the most flavorful food with the least amount of work involved, so if that means buying and using pre-made pizza dough for a recipe, I’m all about it.
I try to keep some pre-made pizza dough in the freezer at all times in case we want to have a his-and-hers pizza night but this time I used it as the base for this delicious summer peach and prosciutto flatbread. Adding the blackberries and a little balsamic drizzle helped keep this appetizer from getting too sweet and the brightness from the pesto really packed a flavorful punch.
The best thing was how deliciously melty the cheese got and how the Tillamook Mozzarella Shreds really held everything together. I’m pretty certain that each bit of this flatbread was made better by the freshness of the Tillamook Mozzarella Shreds.
By the way, the best thing about this recipe is you don’t need any complicated cooking appliances or fancy pizza stones to make this at home. You just need a HOT HOT oven and an aluminum foil wrapped cookie sheet and you’re good to go!
I hope you enjoy! If you get the opportunity to make this at home I’d love to see how it turns out if you tag me on Instagram with #darlingEats!
In the words of Julia Child- bon appetite!
- 1 pre-made store bought pizza dough
- Flour (to roll out your pizza dough)
- 3/4 cup of homemade oil-free pesto (here )or store bought pesto with oil (just skip the olive oil in the rest of the recipe)
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 1 pint of blackberries, sliced in half
- 1 to 1 ½ cups of Tillamook Mozzarella )
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Balsamic Glaze to drizzle
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- On a floured surface, roll out your pizza dough into two oblong ovals.
- Transfer to an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and spread your pesto evenly on both pieces of the flatbread leaving ½ inch of the crust edge uncoated.
- Next, lightly sprinkle on some of the mozzarella, then layer the peaches on, and then sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella.
- Slice your prosciutto to thin strips and dot them over and beside the peaches. Next, dot the blackberries on the flatbread. *I added a bit more cheese on the top after this step.* Finish with a small drizzle of olive oil over top- if you are using an oil pesto do not add additional olive oil.
- Place in oven on the top rack and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges of the crust are nice and brown.
- Remove and lightly drizzle your balsamic over the top in a zig zag motion. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into slices.
- Using a homemade pesto recipe (like this one here ) really helped pack a punch to this appetizer.