If you guys aren’t following on Instagram you might not know that I got a new lens for my camera. I bought this beautiful 30mm art lens from Sigma and it’s been filling me with so much inspiration for photography, you’ll barely find me running around without it. Case and point: taking photos of dinner the other night when I made this spring nectarine salad.
Typically when I put together a recipe post I have the entire vignette set up with a plethora of props ready to transform a regular cocktail post into a work of art. Now that I have this Sigma lens, I’m just itching to photograph everything whether I’m in a styled photography setting or not. I had full intentions of recreating this spring nectarine salad closer to summer, but the lighting was too good that night and the nectarines were actually ripe at the grocery store!
Plus, with my lens I wanted the excuse to play with some food photography, so voila! A recipe brought to you earlier than expected!
Now let’s talk about this salad.
It’s a farmer’s market in a bowl. It’s the greatest combination of tart, sweet, nutty, savory and fresh. I’m so excited about eating this salad, I’m making it again for dinner tonight. It paired really well with the garlic, orange and balsamic marinated chicken thighs we grilled that night also (sorry not pictured, grilled food is something I’m working on photographing better!) The sensory explosion was the basil dressing I whipped up for this- affectionately renamed a basil chimichurri.
Man, my mouth is watering just thinking of how delicious this salad was and how I can’t wait to eat it for dinner again tonight! If you get the chance to make this, be sure to tag me on Instagram and tag #darlingEats so I can see how it turned out!
Shop the items below to make this recipe at home
- 1 cup of farro, cooked and drained according the package directions
- 2 ears of corn, steamed and corn removed from cob
- 3 cups of arugula
- 1/2 cup of mini heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1 nectarine, pitted and sliced
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan shaved for garnish
- 20 large basil leaves
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked farro, corn, tomatoes, olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Next, gently fold in arugula, being careful not to overwork the leaves.
- Lightly layer the nectarines on the salad and garnish with shaved parmesan.
- Using a food processor (or expert knife skills), pulverize the basil leaves adding in the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice until combined.
- Drizzle about 1 Tablespoon of dressing over each plated salad to serve.