This delightful gin and tonic cocktail is a take on a Frenchie, a cocktail developed by LA-based bartender Somer Perez. We loved the name and decided for summertime it needed a little remix to help you cool off with friends for a long summer of outdoor entertaining. This frozen gin cocktail is a delightful play on a gin and tonic with the added refreshment of grapefruit juice. You’re going to love how easy this is to sip this summer.
A delightful gin and tonic gets a frozen and grapefruit upgrade. Finish it off with a St. Germaine elderflower floater.
- 4 ounces Gin I used SipSmith
- 8 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces Tonic Syrup I like Jack and Rudy's version
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1.5 cups ice
- .5 ounce St. Germaine for each drink as a floater on top
- lime and grapefruit slices for garnish
In a blender, combine gin, grapefruit juice, tonic syrup, lime juice and ice. Blend until smooth.
Pour into a tumbler and top each drink with .5 ounces of elderflower liquer. Serve.