I am absolutely addicted to this jalapeno cilantro hummus. My co-worker from Arizona swears by it. When she shared the recipe with me one day, it was love at first taste! The best thing is, it gets better with age! Although, if it lasts past your next dinner party, I’d be thoroughly shocked!
- 1/4 cup of Tahini
- 1 can of rinsed and drained Chickpeas
- 1 large knob of garlic
- 1 lemon juiced and strained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of olive oil to thin it out
- 1 large bunch of cilantro stems removed
- 1 or 2 de-seeded jalapenos leave the seeds of one jalapeno if you want it extra spicy
- Salt & Pepper to taste
In a food processor, puree chickpeas, tahini, lemon, salt, pepper, and garlic. Slowly add in your olive oil until desired consistency is met.
Add in Cilantro and jalapeno and puree until no chunks or leaves remain.
Plate and serve.